- Implementing promotive and preventive health programmes
- Monitoring compliance to urban and rural sanitation standards in dwellings, commercial premises and work places
- Monitoring the management of solid/liquid and other hazardous waste.
- Carrying out surveillance on environmental health pollutants
- Promoting hygiene education including school health programmes
- Carrying out surveillance and advising on prevention and control of disease incidences and outbreak
- Liaising with other stakeholders in carrying out disease preparedness and response
- Compiling and analyzing public health data reports
- Promoting modern information and communication technology in the provision of public health services.
- Monitoring, enforcing and implementing statutory provisions and other relevant legislations on public health
- Identifying environmental health issues at the community level, assessing health needs at the community.
PUBLIC HEALTH KAKAMEGA MUNICIPALITY
P.O BOX 176-50100 KAKAMEGA, KENYA