This service delivery charter puts into place standards that will guide the Kakamega Municipality in providing quality services to its employees, clients and the general public.
The Charter provides information on the range of services offered and charges levied by the Municipality to residents and the general public, their expectations and mechanisms of redressing their concerns.
To be a leading Municipality in the Country through provision of quality services to general public and its residents.
To provide quality service that is affordable, accessible, acceptable, sustainable, effective and equitably distributed to all transparently.
Kakamega Municipality mandate is drawn from the Urban Areas and Cities Act of 2011 and Article 184 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Collection of Revenue
- Issuance of Rates Clearance Certificate
- Issuance of Single Business Permits
- Building Inspection
- Recommendation for approval of Building Plans
- Supervision of Infrastructure Development and Maintenance
- Issuance of Registration Certificate to Groups, CBOs
- Organization and coordination of public participation
- Policy Formulation and Governance
OUR CORE VALUES
- Seamless service
- Team spirit
- Accountability and Transparency
- Goal oriented
- Customer focus
- Develop or adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes and set targets for service delivery
- Formulate and implement integrated development plan
- Entering into contracts, partnerships or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions
- Promotion, regulation and provision of refuse collection and solid waste management services;
- Collecting rates, taxes levies, duties, fees and surcharges on fees as delegated by the County Government of Kakamega;
- Construction and maintenance of urban roads and associated infrastructure;
- Revenue collection
- Construction and maintenance of storm drainage and flood controls;
- Construction and maintenance of walkways and other non-motorized transport infrastructure;
- Construction and maintenance of recreational parks and green spaces;
- Construction and maintenance of street lighting;
- Construction, maintenance and regulation of traffic controls and parking facilities;
- Construction and maintenance of bus stands and taxi stands;
- Regulation of outdoor advertising
- Construction, maintenance and regulation of Municipal markets and abattoirs
- Construction and maintenance of fire stations, provision of firefighting services, emergency preparedness and disaster management
- Development and enforcement of Municipal plans and development controls.